A Distinguished Civic Award for Heritage goes to a man who brings life to James Cockburn, who was one of the founding Father of Canadian Confederation and first speak of the House of Commons in 1867; a local lawyer; and municipal councillor, representing Northumberland and Durham Counties in the legislature for Upper Canada. He dresses in period costume, performed in 2010 celebrations of James Cockburn Day and volunteers his time at many functions of historic significance as Mr. Cockburn. He also speaks to Cobourg elementary and secondary school students on the importance of James Cockburn to Canada and the Cobourg community. Ladies and gentlemen, a distinguished Civic Award for Heritage goes to Rob Franklin. The award was presented in a special ceremony at Victoria Hall on Wed. Feb. 22, 2012.
- The Honourable James Cockburn Warts and All: A friendly chat about a local historic figure July 28, 2020
- Original speaker’s chair coming to Cobourg in February January 16, 2017
- James Cockburn’s chair will be on display in Cobourg January 6, 2017
- Getting ready for our annual performance this Saturday July 27, 2016
- James Cockburn honoured with birthday celebration at Victoria Hall February 18, 2016